В английском, как и в русском языке, существует активный залог, Active Voice (действие совершается кем-то или чем-то), и пассивный залог, Passive Voice (действие направлено на кого-то или на что-то).
She cleans the office every day. - Она убирает офис каждый день. (Active Voice)
The office is cleaned every day. - Офис убирают каждый день. (Passive Voice)
Вспомним употребление Passive voice во временах Simple и Continuous.
|Simple||is/am/are + Ved (V3)||was/were + Ved (V3)||will + be + Ved(V3)|
|Letters are sent every day. - Письма посылают каждый день.||Letters were sent yesterday. - Письма отправили вчера.||Letters will be sent tomorrow. - Письма отправят завтра.|
|Continuous||is/am/are + being + Ved (V3)||was/were + being + Ved (V3)||-|
|Letters are being sent now. - Письма отправляют сейчас.||Letters were being sent at 5 yesterday. - Письма вчера отправляли в 5 часов.||-|
Choose: True of False.
1) The Vikings were the people who occupied Britain at the time when the history of the country opens.
2) The Britons, left to defend themselves against the attacks of the marauding Saxons in the sixth century.
3) Every Knight hoped to seize the crown for himself after Uther Pendragon's death.
4) Merlin and Archbishop of Canterbury took counsel together, and agreed that all the lords and gentlemen of Britain should ride to London and meet on New Year's Eve.
5) Merlin said: "The man is not here who shall lift out that sword, nor do I know where to find him."
Active voice or passive voice?
1) The big cake was baked by my mother.
2) My father built this house.
3) The house was built in 1899.
4) Our planet is wrapped in a mass of gases.
5) I gave him a book for his birthday.
Rewrite these sentences, putting the verbs in the passive. Keep them in the same tense, and remove they, we, someone, etc.
We clean the garages every day.
The garages are cleaned every day.
1) The police arrested two hundred people.
Two hundred people .
2) We check every car engine thoroughly.
Every car engine thoroughly.
3) They send two million books to America every year.
Two million books to America every year.
4) They posted all the letters yesterday.
All the letters yesterday.
5) The machine wraps the bread automatically.
The bread automatically.
6) At 9 o'clock my brother was loading the truck.
At 9 o'clock the truck .
7) She writes a new play for the theatre every year.
A new play for the theatre every year.
8) Next week they will take the whole class to the museum.
Next week the whole class to the museum.
9) A thief is stealing your money!
Your money .
10) Someone was reading the article.
The article .
Choose the type of collocations.
to rain heavily
a powerful engine
run out of money
a bar of soap
go out of business
What grammar tenses should you use to translate the following sentences into English? Pay attention to the time markers.
1) Алиса спросила своего брата, где он назначил встречу со своими друзьями.
2) Ты уже смотрел этот фильм?
3) Он сказал мне, что вернулся две недели назад.
4) Их собака лаяла весь день.
5) Я не была в отпуске целую вечность!
Work with text.
There were two ways that a man could become a knight during the Middle Ages. The first was earning the right on the battlefield. If a soldier fought particularly bravely during a battle or war, he may be awarded knighthood by the king, a lord, or even another knight. The second way was to become an apprentice to a knight and earn the title through hard work and training.
Young men growing up in the Middle Ages dreamed of becoming a knight, but only a few could afford to become knights. The first requirement of a knight was someone who could afford a knight's weapons, armor, and war horse. These items weren't cheap and only the very rich could pay for them. Knights were also people from the noble or aristocratic classes.
1) How many modal verbs are in the text?
2) How many ordinal numbers are in the text?
3) How many conditional sentences are in the text?
"Merlin" is a British fantasy-adventure drama. The show is based on the Arthurian legends of the young wizard Merlin and King Arthur. "Merlin" is a reimagining of the legend in which the future King Arthur and Merlin are young contemporaries. Arthur's father Uther Pendragon has banned magic in Camelot. Its use is punishable by death, forcing Merlin to keep his magical powers secret from everyone in Camelot.
Complete the text.
No young man, no how great, can know his . He cannot glimpse his part in the great story that is about to unfold. Like everyone, he must and . And so it will be for the young warlock at the gates of Camelot. A boy that will, in time, father a legend. His name...Merlin.
Let this serve as a to all. This man, Thomas James Collins, is adjudged of conspiring to use enchantments and magic. And pursuant to the laws of Camelot, I, Uther Pendragon, have decreed that such are banned on penalty of death. I pride myself as a fair and just king. But for the of sorcery, there is but one sentence I can pass.
Время Future Perfect Continuous указывает на действие, которое начнется ранее другого будущего действия и будет продолжаться в этот момент. С помощью этого времени мы делаем акцент на том, что действие будет длиться.
В таких предложениях мы показываем с помощью предлога for (в течение), сколько времени будет продолжаться действие, и указываем момент в будущем, в который действие будет длиться, используя слова-маркеры: by... (к какому-то времени/моменту), next year (в следующем году), when (когда) и т. д.
We will have been flying for three hours before we get to Paris. - Мы будем лететь в течение трех часов прежде чем прилетим в Париж.
Образование Future Perfect Continuous
I/He/She/It/We/You/They + will have been + глагол-ing
You will have been working for an hour when he comes. - Вы проработаете час к моменту, когда он придёт.
Как и в Future Simple вспомогательный глагол "will" часто сокращается: I will be working = I'll be working
Will I/he/she/it/we/you/they + have been + глагол-ing
Are you going to retire next month? For how many years will you have been working here by that time? - Вы выходите на пенсию в следующем месяце? Сколько к тому времени вы уже здесь будете работать?
I/He/She/It/We/You/They + will not have been + глагол-ing
By the end of autumn, they won't have been dating for 2 years. - К концу осени они не будут встречаться на протяжении двух лет.
Как и в Future Simple "will not" часто сокращается: I will not be cooking = I won't be cooking
Краткие ответы в Future Continuous такие же, как в Future Simple.
Will he/we/they be watching a new film? - Yes, he/we/they will.
Put the events in the correct order.
Galahad saw a man in the likeness of a Bishop.
A hand came from heaven and took the Vessel and the spear, and bare them back to heaven.
Galahad commended Percivale to God.
Galahad had been crowned King.
Galahad began to tremble.
Put the verbs in the brackets in Future Perfect Continuous tense.
1) By next September we (live) in Finland for ten years already.
2) By next summer we (build) this cottage for 3 years.
3) For how long (Tom/stay) with us by tomorrow?
4) By the end of this day Kate (not to design) this fancy dress for seven hours.
5) (they/work)together for ten years by the end of May?
Write the correct short answeres. Don't forget to put commas.
Example: Will you go with us to the cinema? (No) - No, I won't.
1) Had John brushed his teeth before he went to bed? (Yes) - .
2) Has she been using my car again? (No) - .
3) I saw many puddles. Had it been raining? (Yes) - .
4) Were we driving the main road? (Yes) - .
5) Will Nick have been training for four hours by 6 o'clock? (No) - .
6) Has it turned on?(No) - .
7) Do they play football?(Yes) - .
8) Did she buy a present for her daughter?(No) - .
9) Has she just arrived home? (Yes) - .
10) Will they have been in the library by 7 p.m.? (Yes) - .
Choose the best meaning for the word.
Write the sentense.
to that he the .
Make the collocations.
Who said that?
I still don't understand why she went to all the trouble...
Get some rest.
Still alive, then?
Destroying Arthur and Camelot wasn't all she was after.
It was Uther Pendragon she wanted to kill.
Для того, чтобы записаться в кружок, нужно зарегистрироваться, войти в МетаШколу, перейти по ссылке «Все кружки, оплата». Cпособы оплаты.